Troy Huggett, M.S. – Trainer
Battle Creek’s FIRST Personal Trainer (1986) holds both B.S. & M.S. degrees in Physical Education. He is a certified Personal Trainer and Gold Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist through the American Council on Exercise and teaches the ACE Exam Review and Practical Training programs internationally.
Troy has authored three fitness books (Fast Fat Loss Forever, Rounded Shoulders and Ultimate Fitness: The strength training way!), produced both a fitness audio (Personal Training 101) and video (Perfect Curves) program, authored the Champion Maker Series (sports conditioning programs), nine ACE continuing education program exams, is an item writer for all ACE certification exams, and a reviewer for Continuing Education Programs for Desert Southwest. Troy also wrote a regular fitness column in the Battle Creek Shopper News for 16 years and the Southwest Michigan Senior Times (12 years).
Troy works with people of all ages and conditions. His areas of specialty include:
- Weight loss, with clients exercising less and losing more;
- Medical conditions/post rehabilitation – he is the only personal trainer in Calhoun county qualified to work with medical patients;
- Senior Populations – his most senior client was 88 years old.
- Golf Fitness – he’s trained elite golfers from high school to professional.
- Athletics – he has trained athletes as young as 6 years old through high school, college, Olympic and professional levels, including the National Champion Northern Michigan University Women’s Volleyball program.
- In addition to the above qualifications, Troy is an ABMP certified Bodywork & Massage Therapist who has worked with the Chinese Olympic team in Beijing China & a licensed Emergency Medical Technician.
In 1985, Troy Huggett trained his first client and ever since then he has been studying under the best mentors and researching advanced training systems to guarantee “MAXIMUM RESULTS in MINIMUM TIME”.
One year after training his first client, Troy met Tasso Kiriakes who introduced him to the Nautilus Philosophy of Strength & Conditioning. The results of H.I.T. (High-Intensity Training) have been astounding! Not only have our clients reshaped their bodies, but they’ve experienced great improvements in attitude, self-esteem, and confidence.
Fitness Pros Battle Creek programs are an accumulation of the research and experience of Dr. Ellington Darden, Wayne Westcott (Fitness Director, South Shore YMCA and national fitness authority), Tasso Kiriakes (Owner of Bodez by Tasso) and of course the staff of Fitness Pros Battle Creek. As always, the foundation of this program is the education of our members in the achievement of positive lifestyle changes which contribute to long-term health & fitness success.
The use of these tried and proven programs have propelled us to the top of the personalized fitness industry. As we implement our ultimate programs, the Fitness Pros Battle Creek Team will work hard to motivate you to a higher level of fitness and a greater quality of life. We welcome you to a whole new world of fitness success.
Yours In Health,
Troy Huggett, M.S.
ACE Master Trainer
IDEA Trainer of the Year Finalist